Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Santogold - makes me smile

One day in a bank semi-recently, waiting impatiently, I saw this bizarre music video on the flat screen up on the wall, meant to distract you from the extra long and tedious wait. It worked - I fell in love with the song and the video. I became obsessed with finding who the group was, the song name, and ultimately getting the video in my hot paws so I could watch it again.

Well through the help of my son and other Internet sleuths (namely his online friends forums)I found it!!! This wasn't easy, given all I could explain was that it was a video of a girl on a horse in a forest...

Music makes me happy - but finding a song I've been yearning for makes me even happier.

What do I love about this song? The bizarre scene of the girl on a horse in front of an ominous forest, with the awkward sideline dancers... I guess I just can't explain it. Music is one of those things.

I might be the only one who likes this song... who knows! I wouldn't be surprised.

Over the years I've loved some pretty bizarre things (and people - but that's another story!). One of my fav movies is Gummo (everyone I know questions my sanity on that one). There are obscure little known movies I LOVE like Chocolat, set in the Colonial 1950's in Cameroon and The Lunatic about a sex crazed German and a local madman in Jamaica. One of my all time muses is Grace Jones. You gotta love her, or at least I do! But hey -

Today I share my weird found video - enjoy!!! (or not) :)

SANTOGOLD - Les Artistes



Turns out I don't like much else the group or singer has done, so I won't be looking for the album, but just wanted to pay my hommage to them for this one!
Thanks For Making This Possible! Kindly Bookmark and Share it.

Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble Facebook Twitter

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Say something! Ramble a bit...

Visitor counter from June 5th, 2008


website counter
Writing Community